Affordable Emergency Septic Service Atlanta
Affordable Septic Pumping
- Locating Septic Tank
- Digging and Accessing Septic Tank
- Pumping of Septic Tank
- Cleaning Filter located in back of Septic Tank
- Make sure Septic System is in working order
For Emergency Septic Services Call: 678-726-7152
How to Maintain Your System Septic System
Maintenance is often compared to automobile maintenance because only a little effort on a regular basis can save a lot of money and significantly prolong the life of the system. Annual inspections of your septic system are recommended to ensure that it is working properly and to determine when the septic tank should be pumped. Systems that have moving parts may require more frequent inspections. By having your system inspected and pumped regularly, you can prevent the high cost of septic system failure. Affordable Septic Service can do a thorough inspection of the entire system and check for cracked pipes and the condition of the tees or baffles and other parts of the system.
Septic System Do’s & Don’ts
- Learn the location of your septic system, drain field and reserve area, and keep a sketch of it with the maintenance records.
- Have your septic tank inspected by a certified specialist every 3 ~5 years or as required by the Department of Environmental Health.
- Keep your septic tank cover accessible for inspections and pumping. Install risers if necessary.
- Keep detailed records of repairs, pumping, inspections, permits, and other maintenance activities.
- Conserve water to avoid overloading the system; stagger wash load days and repair any leaks.
- Divert other sources of water (roof drains, house footing drains, sump pumps) away from system.
- Contact a professional when you experience problems with your system.
- Obtain a permit from Department of Environmental Health for the county you live in for all repairs and alterations.
- Use household cleaners in moderation and follow directions on labels
- Don’t enter a septic tank; toxic gases are produced in the tank that can be deadly within minutes.
- Don’t drive, park, or do any activity that will compact the soil on top of the system.
- Don’t plant anything over or near the drain field except grass. Roots can damage the drain lines, and trees may shade the drain field. Excessive irrigation over or near the system may also cause damage.
- Don’t dig into the drain field or cover it with any hard surface or building.
- Don’t repair your system without a required permit from the Department of Environmental Health for the county you live in.
- Don’t use septic tank additives.
- Don’t use your system as a trash can for grease, coffee grinds, cigarette butts, diapers, sanitary napkins, tampons, condoms, paper towels, plastics, cat litter, latex paints, pesticides, any hazardous chemical, or other non-biodegradable substance.
Affordable Septic Inspections
Full Septic Tank and Septic Tank Inspection
Receive a Septic Plat from your County
Offered a DISCOUNT if you do the Inspection and Septic Cleaning together
Affordable Septic Service provides assists with buying ans selling a home
Affordable Septic will provide a Letter of Clearance
What to expect with an Inspection
- Locating the Septic Tank
- Marking of the Field Lines
- Inspecting mechanical Components
- Checking for signs of Septic System Failure
- Digging and Uncovering of access holes
Why get an Inspection
- Discover Potential problems with you system
- Avoid Expensive Repairs
- Assure septic system is functioning properly
- Buying or Selling a home (generally it’s not included in home inspections)
- Prevent ground water contamination
- Prevents backups into your home and will result in major damage.
Affordable Septic Repair
- Affordable Pricing on all Septic Tank Repairs.
- Up Front and Honest Pricing.
- We show you step by step of the repair.
- Licensed and Educated Technicians.
- We can answer any question you may have.
Replace and Install
- Septic Tank Tees – A Septic Tank Replacement “TEE” is simply a standard plastic pipe in the shape of a “T” typically 4 inches or 6 inches in diameter, which is inserted at the septic tank inlet and outlet to serve the function of the original septic tank baffle that may have been damaged or lost.
- Septic Tank Effluent Filter – Installing a septic effluent filter or grey water filter on a septic system can be a comparatively inexpensive, cost-effective step you can do to extend the life of drain field or soil absorption system.
- Main Septic Line – The main septic line that comes from the house to the septic tank might be the cause of problem. The main line could be clogged, broken, tree or bush roots could have cause the sewage back up or slow drains.
- Install Clean Out – When you install a clean out on the main septic line it will help you in the future. If another problem arises with sewage backs up into your home, then open the clean out cap. The main septic line will be able to drain water out into your yard until Affordable Septic can get to your home.
- Septic Tank Risers – Installing a septic tank riser with a lockable lid will safe your yard from being dug up for future septic tank cleanings or repairs. A riser is a chamber that set and sealed on top of your septic tank lid. When the septic tank needs to be cleaned or if there is another issue call a Technician from Affordable Septic Service and they will open the riser lid, without disturbing the landscaping of your yard.